The Olive B. Cole Foundation provides scholarships of up to $2,000 a year for up to 4 years. In particular, we seek students who:
- Desire to obtain an Associate’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree;
- Desire to return to Northeastern Indiana after school; and/or
- Might be the first in their family to seek advanced education.
- Reside in Noble County or attend for two years and graduate from Central Noble, East Noble, West Noble High School, Oak Farm Montessori, or Churubusco High School;
And be pursuing one of the following:
- Bachelor degree requirements: Students must enroll in college on a full-time basis, with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester. Students may receive up to four years (eight semesters) of aid for a total of $8,000
- Associate degree requirements: Students must enroll on a full-time basis, with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester. Students may receive up to two years of aid for a total of $4,000.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
- Application form, recommendation letters and the Parents’ Financial Statement must be submitted on the Olive B. Cole Foundation forms.
- An official transcript of the student’s high school grades must be submitted with the application.
- Two (2) Cole Scholarship Recommendation Forms are required; one from a teacher who has had you in class during high school, and one from a person who knows you from outside the school setting (not a relative). Two forms are included with the application. These forms should be put in a sealed envelope and must be returned with the student application.
- All blanks on the form must be completed. The application form must be signed by the student. The parents’ form must be signed by parents. IF THE APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE, IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- The Application Form, official transcript of grades and two recommendation forms are to be returned to Deborah J. Tipton, Olive B. Cole Foundation, 7588 N 400 E, Kendallville, Indiana 46755, no later than February 1. It is the responsibility of the student to see that all forms are mailed by this date.
Applications postmarked later than February 1 will not be considered.
Final selection of the winners will be determined by the Scholarship Committee of the Olive B. Cole Foundation. Winners will be notified during the month of May. Further instructions will be given to the winners at that time.
Payment of the funds will be made directly to the college/program appearing on the application form. Payments are made during the month of July. Any change or contemplated change in plans by the recipient should be submitted prior to June 15. Please call (260) 347-3510 to make changes.
A change in plans after the funds have been sent to the college listed on the application form will cause a delay of a month or more in transferring funds to the proper college.
Applications are available through Noble County high school guidance councilors.